Professional Inquiry Project
For my professional inquiry project (PIP), I decided to collaborate with a fellow PS3 student, Young Shin, to create an "Easy Teacher Toolbox" of instructional strategies.
When lesson planning in the quarter system, Young and I both found that trying to Google search teaching strategies was complicated and unfruitful.
We decided to create an easily accessible online resource from the strategies that veteran teachers recommended at our high school.
What's in the toolbox?
- Keeping students on track
- Minimizing distractions
- Grabbing students' attention
- Preparation, Presence, and Personality
- Active participation by all students
- Keeping students alert
- Keeping all students accountable
- Getting students to work together
- Having students share ideas to aid in learning
- Organize student thoughts using graphic organizers
- Feedback for you and students on their understanding
- Giving students a quick 30 second to 5 minute break every 30-60 minutes
- Getting your students energized and refreshed